Welcome To TranceSounds: No.1 Place For Live Radio Sets

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

AccessPORT V1 Users LOOK!!! COBB TRADE IN PROGRAM!
PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 3:29 pm 

http://www.cobbtuning.com/info/?id=3846

COBB is offering a $200 trade in on a V2 AccessPORT for old AccessPORTs. Im jumping on this like a fat kid on a twinkie!

Digg: AccessPORT V1 Users LOOK!!!  COBB TRADE IN PROGRAM!  Digg: AccessPORT V1 Users LOOK!!!  COBB TRADE IN PROGRAM!  Digg: AccessPORT V1 Users LOOK!!!  COBB TRADE IN PROGRAM!  Digg: AccessPORT V1 Users LOOK!!!  COBB TRADE IN PROGRAM!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 3:45 pm 
Suby Nut
Suby Nut

$450 for what? What are you really getting?

1/4mile, 0-60 and all that? Because for a whole lot less than $450 you can get a reliable GPS unit that will do even more than that.

Engine parameters? Really what it reads isnt very special, go get Street Tuner sofware and call it a day.

Maybe if it was trade in and only pay $100 or less, then id consider.

Digg: AccessPORT V1 Users LOOK!!!  COBB TRADE IN PROGRAM!  Digg: AccessPORT V1 Users LOOK!!!  COBB TRADE IN PROGRAM!  Digg: AccessPORT V1 Users LOOK!!!  COBB TRADE IN PROGRAM!  Digg: AccessPORT V1 Users LOOK!!!  COBB TRADE IN PROGRAM!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 8:53 pm 
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Gino knows fully what both systems do...as he is also a cobb protuner. For the sti's he can us flat foot shifting launch control, and alot of other nifty things, I'l keep my ap unless I get an sti or an sti swap where i can use the launch control ect.

Subaru Tuning/ Black Sheep Motorsports

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:16 pm 
Newb
Newb

The APv2 is easier to use and tune from all aspects. Plus it allows for a more advanced restructure of the ECU from Cobb. The AP reflashing is NOT just a modification of the stock ROM like the opensource and Ecutek stuff is. Cobb took it to a different level by actually modifying the architecture of the ECU and how the maps interact with the rest of the ECU. The APv2 is even 'mAO4r b3ttAr' to put it plainly.

I'll be seriously considering this for the wife's car as I have an APv1 for it currently.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:30 pm 
Suby Nut
Suby Nut

So let me get this straight. I give cobb:

$495 + shipping + my accessport + the cost of shipping them my AP?

Umm... no thanks.

Load Universe into Cannon. Aim at Brain. Fire.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:22 am 
Dstock Hero
Dstock Hero

Quote:
So let me get this straight. I give cobb:

$495 + shipping + my accessport + the cost of shipping them my AP?

Umm... no thanks.

i agree, although im sure barry and sandro would want me to do the trade.

Walbro 255L Fuel Pump
APS TMIC
Invidia Up and 3" Down Pipe
Greddy SP2 3" catback
Cobb ap
Custom Protune by Draco Performance

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:15 am 
Suby Nut
Suby Nut

Over Actor wrote:
Gino knows fully what both systems do...as he is also a cobb protuner. For the sti's he can us flat foot shifting launch control, and alot of other nifty things, I'l keep my ap unless I get an sti or an sti swap where i can use the launch control ect.

Yea, but I dont have an STI. lol

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:37 am 

You have to look at it like this as well. Eventually COBB will stop offering tech support for the V1's (as is their idea by doing the turn in) and when they do, nomore ProTUNE.

Also, the V2 can hold larger maps which means more tuned perameters. I have experianced this while trying to tune my STi. You have to stop and start all over again due to running out of memory. Not with the V2. Also the launch control and flat foot shofting sold it for me!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:38 am 

Why can't they offer this as a package deal for the V1 and ST trade out for the V2 and ST???

Cobb......get on the ball!!!!

I do like the V2 but my ST isn't compatible for now and Cobb hasn't announced V2ST yet.
When it is...consider it done.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 2:46 am 

From what I gather fro Parker at COBB, their developing the V2 ST and as soon as they do they will offer a trade in program for that as well.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:01 am 

Great. More money soon to be spent!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:38 am 
Webmaster
Webmaster

what is ST version?

Driving fast attract cops, driving faster attract sponsors...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:42 am 
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

street tuner. so you can tune the cobb yourself

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:26 am 
Webmaster
Webmaster

Too bad there is no ST for V2 :-(

Driving fast attract cops, driving faster attract sponsors...

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 12:16 pm 
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

there will be soon