Welcome To TranceSounds: No.1 Place For Live Radio Sets

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Cobb "Racer" Software Q&A
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:23 pm 
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

So with the Recent Release of Cobb consumer level "Racer" tuning software, There will be a multitude of questions flooding Nasioc's AP Forums.
You will most likely post get no positive replies from anyone who knows what they are talking about.

In light of this situation and the fact that Myself, Gino, Barry, and Sandro are the only NC Protuners. I will be here to ask any questions that you have about the software in general, links to any updates and Info I get that is good for you all to get in you grip. I will help you if you get yourself in a jam, so make sure you know how to datalog and save copies of your map to email to me to review ect.
But please do not pm me or post asking me to help you make more power ect. I dont want to be an ass, but If I am going to be tuning your map ( with the exception of helping you in a jamb) I'll be wanting some cash haha :shock:
So I feel there maybe a few rules in order, please follow them and I will do everything I can to make sure you and your car are out on the road and not in the garage broken.

Download, Read and Understand the following links. Please do not ask a question if you havent read the following links.

1.http://forums.cobbtuning.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41518
2.http://forums.cobbtuning.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41517
3http://forums.cobbtuning.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41516

***Dont attempt to tune your car without the use of a wideband 02 sensor.
1. It's not safe.
2. The factory 02 sensor is garbage and is not accurate.

If you have No Tuning Knowledge I reccomend that you find someone that has at least some tuning ability to help you.

* Key Note. Those green connectors of death are for Reflash( AKA Base Maps) Only dont connect them while changing realtime maps.
I just wanted to get that out there now because I run into it alot and alot of people bump their OBD2 cable while reflashing and Bam! Your ecu could be gone( In which Case PM me and I will help you try to save the ecu first).

Always start with a Cobb Base Map!

I say this because as you know from the opensource world some people know what they are doing.. Others Dont have a clue.
By starting with a Cobb Base map, you are starting with a proven basemap that has alot of the leg work done for you already and it is safe.

Subaru Tuning/ Black Sheep Motorsports

Last edited by Over Actor on Wed Aug 27, 2008 10:03 am, edited 3 times in total.

Digg: Cobb "Racer" Software Q&A  Digg: Cobb "Racer" Software Q&A  Digg: Cobb "Racer" Software Q&A  Digg: Cobb "Racer" Software Q&A

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:25 pm 
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Link to Down load of the software for your car.
http://cobbtuning.com/info/?id=4214

Last edited by Over Actor on Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Digg: Cobb "Racer" Software Q&A  Digg: Cobb "Racer" Software Q&A  Digg: Cobb "Racer" Software Q&A  Digg: Cobb "Racer" Software Q&A

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:53 pm 
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

Please keep questions not exclusive to the tuning program in the *Fail! Thread