Welcome To TranceSounds: No.1 Place For Live Radio Sets

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:15 pm 

I really hope Im wrong on this one.

Digg: Car will not 'catch' idle  Digg: Car will not 'catch' idle  Digg: Car will not 'catch' idle  Digg: Car will not 'catch' idle

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 8:00 am 
Suby Nut
Suby Nut

Compression and leakdown tests passed. Not a cracked ringland.

It never dies at WOT or driving. Only when I put the car in neutral.

Digg: Car will not 'catch' idle  Digg: Car will not 'catch' idle  Digg: Car will not 'catch' idle  Digg: Car will not 'catch' idle

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:49 am 
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

I'll look at cobb pro tuner and see if there is a table that would fall into this problem other than idle ect.

Subaru Tuning/ Black Sheep Motorsports

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:54 am 
Suby Nut
Suby Nut

I think I have a vac leak. At cruise the Air Fuel Correction sits between 11 - 25 and 25 is the max. Not good. I've thrown p0171 a few times as well which is Lean bank 1 sensor 1. However it's a BRAND new o2 sensor so I think I'm getting unmetered air.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:06 pm 
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

coolrex wrote:
I think I have a vac leak. At cruise the Air Fuel Correction sits between 11 - 25 and 25 is the max. Not good. I've thrown p0171 a few times as well which is Lean bank 1 sensor 1. However it's a BRAND new o2 sensor so I think I'm getting unmetered air.

yessa short term ft's that are high condidering the car has enough. fuel to run fine ussually shows a vaccuum leak.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:04 am 
Suby Addict
Suby Addict

I'm having a bit of the same issue. Mine drops down when you rev it. Car runs fine, just whenever you let off the throttle above 3-4k rpm's, it stumbles then catches or dies. It also stumbles if I press the brake pedal, so I assume I need to start chasing vacuum lines. I also bought a TB off Gino, so I'm going to try that first. I need to fix a few other things prior to datalogging though.

Resident Medic, Collecting Subarus

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:46 am 

There is your problem right there. Gino has been a part of it! :P

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:03 am 
Suby Addict
Suby Addict

Ya know?

Resident Medic, Collecting Subarus

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:04 am 
Suby Nut
Suby Nut

I'm going to attempt to do a boost leak test tonight. I just spent $40 and made myself one killer boost leak tester....it has it's own gauge and shut off valve ;)

I'm thinking my 100,000 mile Perrin Turbo inlet is leaking or sprung a leak.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 2:30 pm 
Suby Nut
Suby Nut

Updates....my APS bpv was leaking like a mofo. I got a stock bpv and sealed it up best I could and the car runs a ton better. The air fuel correction is no longer 14-25. It hovers 0-11 mostly around 4-7. There is still a slight leak in two areas where the worm clamps have stripped and I got to fix those. The car has cut off only 1 time since swapping the bpv as well so that was the culprit.

Shopping for a 50mm Tial now.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:47 pm 
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

My aps leaked for a while as well I dis assembled it cleane dit and re sealed it with red thread locker..no more leaks.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 3:50 pm 
Suby Nut
Suby Nut

Mine is leaking all around the internal piston. I'm thinking it wore the cylinder wall out.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:30 pm 
Suby Nut
Suby Nut

WJM is the master of diagnosing any Subaru. I will put him up against anyone in the country! He got my car fixed in just 15 minutes.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:50 pm 
Suby Addict
Suby Addict

coolrex wrote:
WJM is the master of diagnosing any Subaru. I will put him up against anyone in the country! He got my car fixed in just 15 minutes.

WJM??? Master??? What happened? Lol.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:23 am 
Suby Nut
Suby Nut

I know a lot of you guys don't like WJM but I will put him up against anyone on this board. He really does know his stuff.

The problem ended up being my custom 'ram-air' intake. It worked too well. At speed it was actually not forcing outside air around my short ram intake but forcing air in through the filter itself. Off throttle the MAF saw that air, raised the voltage, the ECU dumped fuel for it and the car flooded/stalled. Yanked out the piping I made and voila problem solved.

Since it's now cold I'm fine with it but this winter I'm making myself a nice airbox that will fit the FMIC piping and is baffled to keep the airflow off the filter.