Welcome To TranceSounds: No.1 Place For Live Radio Sets

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

dyno differences
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:37 pm 
Suby Addict
Suby Addict

i know of mustang n dyno jet can someone fill me in on the differences and others typs of dyno

Conan what is best in life?

"To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women. "

Digg: dyno differences  Digg: dyno differences  Digg: dyno differences  Digg: dyno differences

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:54 am 

DynaPack is a hub based dyno that uses hydraulics in testing, there is no roller present. There are 4 boxes that attach to the vehicle hubs. The vehicle does not need to be strapped down like it would on a roller dyno. When you use straps to tie a vehicle down the straps do stretch and the tension is never the same on the vehicle which can skew the dyno results, as to what percentage does that affect the results? I have no idea or independent investigation to support the difference. How can I say the straps stretch? I think I have towed more than my share of motorcycles and cars on trailers with similar nylon straps that had become somewhat loose during a trip.

The DynaPack is also a load bearing dyno, similar to the Mustang. It too can hit target loads and speeds across the RPM range and boost range for tuning.

Digg: dyno differences  Digg: dyno differences  Digg: dyno differences  Digg: dyno differences

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:55 pm 
so what if you have close to 400whp 30 psi and launch and only run 12.5 does that mean the dyno sucks.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:00 pm 

Yes the owner of the butt dyno may suck...........at launching and shifting.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:02 pm 
yea that seems to be the issue in a few cases around here

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:04 pm 

Yes, how do we forget the butt byno.

There are many variations here. Calibrations can also be way off due to abuse it may take upon from time to time. It measures in two ways.

Squeeze and Pucker.
Advantage-no straps required, unless you want belt play.

Disadvantage- lube often skews your results if not cleaned up properly. :P

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:44 pm 

04trailsti wrote:
so what if you have close to 400whp 30 psi and launch and only run 12.5 does that mean the dyno sucks.

No it means you actually have 320 WHP and 20-21 PSI maps........

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:17 pm 
Suby Addict
Suby Addict

I was going to point out that the Skyline with it's DSG, LC, Better AWD, Bigger Shoes, and 417 whp makes an 11.7 in the quarter, so you're not doing too bad (trying to keep up with a dsg/lc that is).

But it's experience. I was pretty quick with my wrx as far as launching and shifting, but this sti gearbox is a WHOLE different beast. She's a bear, but she's also much faster between gears if you can line her up right. I'm still learning (why I haven't dragged her yet).

Practice makes perfect my friend.

I'd check into that thing Gino just said too, that might be a bomb on your parade (but it means your quarter is that much better!!).

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:20 pm 
Xevious wrote:
I was going to point out that the Skyline with it's DSG, LC, Better AWD, Bigger Shoes, and 417 whp makes an 11.7 in the quarter, so you're not doing too bad (trying to keep up with a dsg/lc that is).

But it's experience. I was pretty quick with my wrx as far as launching and shifting, but this sti gearbox is a WHOLE different beast. She's a bear, but she's also much faster between gears if you can line her up right. I'm still learning (why I haven't dragged her yet).

Practice makes perfect my friend.

I'd check into that thing Gino just said too, that might be a bomb on your parade (but it means your quarter is that much better!!).

yea i cant imagine how hard it has been to become completly comfortable with shifting left handed.