Welcome To TranceSounds: No.1 Place For Live Radio Sets

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

throwing ecu code
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:45 pm 
Suby Addict
Suby Addict

i recently hooked up my accessport and my ecu is throwing a code: p1574.......can someone tell me what this is and will it cause damage if not fixed? PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!

also there is a program called mckinney main on there. does any one know what this is?

Digg: throwing ecu code  Digg: throwing ecu code  Digg: throwing ecu code  Digg: throwing ecu code

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 8:53 pm 

P-1574 Key-Immobilizer communication

??????

Digg: throwing ecu code  Digg: throwing ecu code  Digg: throwing ecu code  Digg: throwing ecu code

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 10:26 pm 

Is your last name McKinney by chance? Did you buy your AP used from someone named McKinney? If so, it could be a ProTuned map for a car if it was bought used.

I get down with flat tires

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:16 pm 
Suby Addict
Suby Addict

VIR EURORALLY wrote:
Is your last name McKinney by chance? Did you buy your AP used from someone named McKinney? If so, it could be a ProTuned map for a car if it was bought used.

my last name is not mckinney.....i did buy it used, but not from someone with the last name mkinney. there was a print out, i guess from this person that says to use the mckinney main with the mckinney base map, if not it will seem sluggish....? I am at a loss. I am too new at the AP to understand ...."stupid" possibly..... :lol:

Here is a question.....what program should I use with the mods I have? Or should I save my money and get someone to pro-tune me?

Injen CAI
cat-back exhaust

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:28 pm 

DO NOT USE any McKinney maps on your AP. These maps are apparent ProTuned maps for a particular car out there. These maps can possibly damage your car. It is very possible your AP has changed hands more than once.

Unless the original maps have been erased from the AP you should have a Realtime map titled "Stage 2". You can use that map since it is an off the shelf map that is normally very rich and safe to use on all STi's.

Your best gains will come from an all new tune, specific to your vehicle.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:46 pm 
Suby Addict
Suby Addict

VIR EURORALLY wrote:
DO NOT USE any McKinney maps on your AP. These maps are apparent ProTuned maps for a particular car out there. These maps can possibly damage your car. It is very possible your AP has changed hands more than once.

Unless the original maps have been erased from the AP you should have a Realtime map titled "Stage 2". You can use that map since it is an off the shelf map that is normally very rich and safe to use on all STi's.

Your best gains will come from an all new tune, specific to your vehicle.

I just wanted to make sure, before I blow something up. THANK YOU!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 3:34 am 
Suby Addict
Suby Addict

I did some sluthing and found out that my AP initialy came from a fella named Mckinney in Spokane, Wa.......and then went to a tricia coleman in Roseville , Ca........then to a Smith in Acworth, Ga.......hahahahahaha this thing has been all over......

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 8:12 am 

nctatman wrote:
I did some sluthing and found out that my AP initialy came from a fella named Mckinney in Spokane, Wa.......and then went to a tricia coleman in Roseville , Ca........then to a Smith in Acworth, Ga.......hahahahahaha this thing has been all over......

Its a whore... it happens.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:40 am 

There ya go, I knew it had to be someones old tune.