Welcome To TranceSounds: No.1 Place For Live Radio Sets

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:11 pm 

Take it from the master of destroying parts and bad decisions over the years. Save the cash and get a turbo back exhaust. Thats all you need to make 300WHP, I did it and so have many others. You wants a FMIC, them wait till you can get the injectors, turbo, fuel pump and intake to accompany it. Dont worry if you dont like the topmount look, looks dont matter a damn. Its functionality. A FMIC with a VF39 will lag like hell. Youll loose power, plain and simple.

Digg: Getting 300+WHP and WTQ on stock turbo  Digg: Getting 300+WHP and WTQ on stock turbo  Digg: Getting 300+WHP and WTQ on stock turbo  Digg: Getting 300+WHP and WTQ on stock turbo

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:47 pm 
Co-Founder
Co-Founder

A stock sti on our mustang dyno is around 235 whp, stage 2 OTS maps are usually around 250whp.
Majority of the stage 2 sti protunes fall under the fast but not really aggressive 300/300 range, and more aggressive 315ish+/325tq+ Range. So to run 300 it deff wont happen safely on a OTS map. If you keep your stock airbox and a turbo back you could probably run around for a few months with out any huge issues.

Subaru Tuning/ Black Sheep Motorsports

Digg: Getting 300+WHP and WTQ on stock turbo  Digg: Getting 300+WHP and WTQ on stock turbo  Digg: Getting 300+WHP and WTQ on stock turbo  Digg: Getting 300+WHP and WTQ on stock turbo

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:25 pm 
Suby Addict
Suby Addict

thanks for all of the info guys, i guess ill jsut splurge on the intake TBE and a pro tune by robbie for over 300.

what kind of pricing would i be looking at for a pro tune?
what intake are you guys recommending?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 1:42 am 
Suby Nut
Suby Nut

Intakes aps, aem, K&N.

Protunes are 150 hour depending on were u go.

A wise man once said- buy as much house as you can afford, and as little car as you can stand.

Mods car is Stock

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 6:05 am 
Suby Addict
Suby Addict

cool, for tunes i was gonan hit up robbie

does the 150 an hour include the dyno time to check numbers

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:00 pm 
Suby Nut
Suby Nut

Undecisive wrote:
cool, for tunes i was gonan hit up robbie

does the 150 an hour include the dyno time to check numbers

Every dyno run displays numbers at end of the pull

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:02 am 
Suby Addict
Suby Addict

i know what dyno runs are lol ive had my cars dyno'd lol

ive never had a protune though. ive always just had them build me a flash based off my mods and email to us so we can upload it. so i dont really know how a pro tune works.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 12:25 am 
Suby Nut
Suby Nut

The cobb AP runs all there maps rich for safety reasons. Every car responds differently to the stage 1 and stage 2 map so they give you a map that will suit all the cars ecus, until the person decides to get a protune. The protune adjusts parameters of the ecu to give more power as well as better gas mileage. The tune fixs the afr and gives the car a better as well as safer map that is designed for your car. Robbie knows better an is an awesome tuner. I am sure he can answer the question better then most of us.

A wise man once said- buy as much house as you can afford, and as little car as you can stand.

Mods car is Stock

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 4:29 pm 

You can get a map emailed based off of your mods but it still wont be at its peak. A protune is a map built and tuned to your car not a generic map based off of another car and the perameters that map it run well with the same part you have. Like I said eariler, my car with a turboback made 305 and 323 with a protune and 269 and 280 with an OTS map that was made for my car based off of my mods and emailed to me. See what I mean?