Welcome To TranceSounds: No.1 Place For Live Radio Sets

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

FMIC with VF39 turbo?
PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:51 am 
Newb
Newb

How much of a difference in RPM will I have if I throw a FMIC on my sti? I'm still getting the tune done but want to know if there will be a big difference esp if I'm pushing more PSI. I would just like to know some insights and whats the RPM difference between the Top mount and FM.

Digg: FMIC with VF39 turbo?  Digg: FMIC with VF39 turbo?  Digg: FMIC with VF39 turbo?  Digg: FMIC with VF39 turbo?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:16 am 
Suby Addict
Suby Addict

If you do this, you will lose power. Get a larger top mount. There is definately no need for a front mount while you still have a VF39.

Digg: FMIC with VF39 turbo?  Digg: FMIC with VF39 turbo?  Digg: FMIC with VF39 turbo?  Digg: FMIC with VF39 turbo?

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:43 am 

Really not too much need to go larger tmic and the STi tmic is pretty efficient and often cools better than larger pieces. I've pushed the limits on the STi tmic to over 400whp and that was while running auto-xing, TT, and HPDE's. The same heatsoak you want to eliminate will still occur with the larger tmic, but the larger tmic holds more heat due to convection and the larger surface area.

The VF39 isn't enough to support the fmic either. I wouldn't consider the fmic until I was at least using larger than a 20g in terms of turbo sizing.

I get down with flat tires

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:18 pm 
Newb
Newb

STiBowen wrote:
If you do this, you will lose power. Get a larger top mount. There is definately no need for a front mount while you still have a VF39.

I agree and disagree. While a front mount isn't necessary, it will always be beneficial. Colder air is never a bad thing, and frankly the spool isn't much different at all.

I say just go with an STi TMIC. Cant go wrong there, and you can usually find good deals on NASIOC.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 8:08 am 
Twinke
Twinke

everyone knows i rocked a FMIC w/ my vf39...but i also had a ton of other crap done as well....

Dustin